The Downside of rising metal prices.
BBC News has been investigating the rise in thefts of catalytic converters from vehicles
It seems the increasing value of the precious metal palladium is making them more attractive to thieves.
Apart from the inconvenience, it can be quite costly to repair your vehicle after such a theft.
Check out this advice from the AA on how to protect your catalytic converter:
- Garage your car whenever possible
- Park in well-lit busy areas
- Look out for people working under cars
- If the car’s high risk consider marking the metal shell of the converter with a unique mark, so that if it is removed by thieves it will be easier to trace back to your vehicle
- If you operate a small fleet, consider obstructing access to vehicles with high ground clearance by parking lower vehicles close by.
Picture Credit: BBC.co.uk